When creating your social media content calendar, you should consider specific stats to help you craft your posts in order to get the best engagement and reach. It’s important to remember that each platform has a different algorithm, so just because a strategy works on Twitter doesn’t mean it will work on Facebook.
Take a look at these stats below, gathered through courtesy of Hubspot, to see how you can use this information when creating next week’s content calendar.
– Tweets with images receive 18% more clickthroughs, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets.
– The ideal tweet length is 100 characters.
– Click-through rate is the highest on Wednesdays.
– Videos on Facebook pages generate 16% more engagement per post than images.
– The ideal length of a post is 40 characters.
– Facebook posts with images receive 2.3 times more engagement than those without images.
– Images with a single dominant color generate 17% more likes than images with multiple dominant colors.
– Photos showing faces get 38% more likes than photos not showing faces.
– Photos get more engagement than videos.
Here’s my challenge for you this week: Create your social media content calendar for next week using these tips and see how much they affect your reach and engagement. Have you used stats to create your calendar before?